If you’re like most of my readers, you’re a successful, high-achiever. You are committed to winning at work, and—equally important—succeeding at life. You strive to grow, get better, and reach your potential. You want to leave a lasting impact on your world.
But something keeps getting in the way: There just seems to be too much to do and too little time. Maybe you feel like this reader:
I feel overwhelmed. No matter what I’m doing, I feel like I should be doing something else. When I’m traveling for work, I am missing my daughter’s soccer game. When I make the game, I can hardly resist the impulse to pull my phone out of my pocket and check my email. I constantly wonder if I’m missing something important at work.
Does This Sound Like You?
- Do you feel like life is coming at you faster than you can manage it?
- Do you fear the important things are falling through the cracks?
- Do you worry that what seemed temporary has now becoming permanent?
If so, you’re not alone. All of us have felt this way.
I Know How You Feel
I know what it feels like to be in over your head—to have your success outpace your ability to manage it, while still attending to the things that matter most—family, health, faith, and community.
For years, I, too, struggled to get off the treadmill. Too often, my success came at the expense of my health and my most valuable relationships.
As the former Chairman and CEO of major corporation, and now as a successful entrepreneur in my second career, I have faced the reality that there’s always more to do than there is time. But I also realized the answer isn’t simply to get more done. The answer it to get the right things done.
If you’re like me, that means making your relationship with God, your health, your marriage, relationships with your friends, your church, and your contribution to your community top priorities.
My Goal in Writing This Blog
Through my blog and podcast, my mission is to give you the clarity, courage, and commitment you need to succeed—at work and in life. From practical tools to accomplish your dreams and goals, to strategies for personal growth and development, to an intentional path to greater influence and contribution, my goal is to empower you to do what matters most.
If you’re new to my site (and you likely wouldn’t be on this page if you weren’t), here are some of my most popular posts in each category.
My Most Popular Posts
- The Difference Between Trying and Doing
- How a Shift in Your Vocabulary Can Instantly Change Your Attitude
- 7 Steps to Becoming a Happy Person Others Want to Be Around
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Take a Nap Every Day
- How to Become a Morning Person
- Slay Your Dragons Before Breakfast
- 5 Characteristics of Weak Leaders (and How Not to Be One)
- The Top 10 Characteristics of Lousy Leaders
- 5 Reasons You Should Smile More as a Leader
- Why You Should Do It for the Money (and Stop Feeling Guilty About It)
- How to Blog if You Don’t Have Time
- 8 Simple Tweaks That Will Skyrocket Your Blog’s Traffic, Growth, and Impact
Tools and Technology
- How I Organize Evernote: A Peek Inside My Personal System
- The 7 Benefits of Keeping a Daily Journal
- Yes, You Can Stay on Top of E-mail
What Matters Most
- Why Speaking Well of Your Spouse Is So Important
- How to Create More Margin in Your Life
- Ten Difficult, But Really Important Words
You can also check my blog’s archive for a list of every post I have written or use the search function in the upper right corner of this page to find other posts that might be of interest.
My Products and Services
A Word about Affiliates
Some of my articles contain affiliate links to products, apps, and services. If you click through and purchase, my company will receive a small commission on the sale. Rest assured, I only recommend products or services that I personally use or believe will be helpful to my readers.
Subscribe to My Blog
In order to make sure you don’t miss my newest blog posts, why not subscribe to my blog. It’s fast, easy, and you can unsubscribe at any time. Best of all, I have a special gift when you subscribe. (Click here to find out more.)
Yes, you can win at work and succeed at life. All it takes is the intention and a mentor to guide you. If you’ll provide the first, I’ll provide the second. Let’s get started.